After having completed dozens of photo workshops in Polish, OOF Academy is excited to invite you to its first workshop conducted exclusively in English.
The Photography I workshop is for people starting their adventure with photography and portraiture. We will cover the basics of photography while working in a photo studio environment. Photography I is recommended for beginners, but we also invite those who want to brush up on their photography knowledge. We will work in the genre of portraiture using continous light (daylight and tungsten).
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN AT THE ‚Photography I’ WORKSHOP?
• the basic concepts: time, aperture, ISO, depth of field
• how to measure light with an external light meter and with the one built into your camera
• how to attain correct exposure
• how to get your pictures in focus both in low and high contrast situations • the key aspects of modeling the human face with light
• the basics of image composition
• how to avoid basic mistakes that can cause a photo to be out of focus, blurred, or without contrast
• why and when you should use RAW or JPEG file formats
• how to work with a model on set
WE RUN OUR WORKSHOPS IN AN EASY, ACCESSIBLE BUT INTENSIVE WAY. WE ALWAYS WORK WITH PROFESSIONAL MODELS.
• Who we invite
The workshop is intended for beginners. We invite photography lovers who have had little or no contact with studio photography at all. The series of PHOTOGRAPHY I, II, and III workshops is designed so that you can easily master the technical basics and quickly enjoy creating your own images.
• After the workshop
After the workshop, we continue our work in a private Facebook group. The group is a safe environment to share your pictures taken at the workshop and to get critiqued by the workshop leader. In the group, you can get answers to any questions that we were unable to cover at the workshop.
• Model releaseThe photographer has the rights for their photos, and the model has the right to protect her image rights. We do our best to make the model release process as smooth as possible, but each workshop participant must be aware of the fact that not all photos taken at the workshop will be authorized by the model for future publication. Workshop participants can use images realsed by a model for private (non-commercial) purposes related to their own promotion, e.g. publish them on Instagram, Facebook, personal website, etc. Commercial use of photos taken at the workshop requires a separate consent and agreement with the model.
The photographer has the rights for their photos, and the model has the right to protect her image rights. We do our best to make the model release process as smooth as possible, but each workshop participant must be aware of the fact that not all photos taken at the workshop will be authorized by the model for future publication. Workshop participants can use images realsed by a model for private (non-commercial) purposes related to their own promotion, e.g. publish them on Instagram, Facebook, personal website, etc. Commercial use of photos taken at the workshop requires a separate consent and agreement with the model.
• „One photographer on the set”
At our workshops, we always work in accordance with this principle, so there is always only one active camera (and photographer) on the set at a time.
• Number of participants
Due to the intimate nature of the workshop and care for participants’ comfort, capacity is limited to 8 people.
Tomasz Drzewiński is a photographer with over 20 years of experience. He is the author of several dozen covers and several hundred photo sessions for magazines (Maxim, Elle, Gala, Viva!, Playboy, Fashion Magazine, Fluid, Edge), advertising (Avon, Energis, Master Foods Poland, Deni Cler, LOT, Procter&Gamble, Mobil 1) album covers, and other publications. Tomasz is a graduate of New York’s Parsons School of Design, founder of and lecturer at OOF ACADEMY, former art director for MAX magazine, creator of the O FOTOGRAFII fanpage, and host of the MASTERS OF FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY events series.
DATE and TIME
Saturday, January 26th, 2020
10:00 AM – 6:00 PM (incl. lunch break)
ul. Ludwika Rydygiera 8
• SUPER EARLY BIRD (until Dec. 10th, 2019) 399 zł
• EARLY BIRD (from Dec. 11th, 2019 to Jan. 10th, 2020) 449 zł
• JUST A BIRD (from Jan. 11th 2020) 499 zł
WHAT DOES THE PRICE COVER? Instruction and mentoring both during the workshop and afterwards in the Facebook group, a professional model, use of the studio, and drinks & snacks. Lunch is not included in the price of the workshop.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR THE ‚Photography I’ WORKSHOP?
1. Bank transfer:OOF Academy
46 1020 1055 0000 9602 0372 9852
Please include the following details in the description: Workshop 26.01.2020 + your email address
Please send your payment to the following email: email@example.com
3. Eventbrite: (credit and debit cards accepted)
Within 24 hours of your payment being received, you will receive an email confirming your participation in the workshop with an information package. If you don’t find the message in your inbox, please check your spam folder.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us through our OOF ACADEMY profile on Facebook
SEE YOU SOON!